SSC JE Syllabus
About SSC JE:
Staff Selection Commission is an organization under Government of India to recruit staff for various posts in the various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India and in Subordinate Offices. This commission is an attached office of the Department of Personnel and Training which consists of Chairman, two Members and a Secretary-cum-Controller of Examinations. His post is equivalent to the level of Additional Secretary to the Government of India.
SSC JE Selection Process:
The SSC JE selection process comprises of Written Test and Personality Test.
SSC JE Written Test Pattern: The written test comprises of the following things:
- The Written Test comprises of 2 papers: Paper I and Paper II
- Paper I will be Objective Type
- Paper II will be Descriptive Type.
- Paper I will be of 200 marks
- Paper II will be of 300 marks
- The time allotted for each paper will be 2 hours
- The Paper I will have NEGATIVE MARKING of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer.
- Those candidates who will qualify the Paper I will be called for Paper II, the evaluation will be done by the committee only.
|Paper||Subject||Maximum Marks||Duration Timings|
|Paper – I Objective type||(i) General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||2 Hours|
|(ii) General Awareness||50|
|(iii) General Engineering||100|
|Paper – II Conventional Type||Part –A General Engineering
(Civil & Structural)
Part – B (Electrical)
SSC JE Difficulty Level of Questions:
- In Paper I the subjects will be of general topics like General Awareness, General Engineering, General Intelligence and Reasoning.
- The candidate should have enough practice of these subjects as the knowledge of these subjects is essential to qualify for the paper ii
- The candidate should be aware of the engineering topics very well
- The difficulty level of questions will be from Moderate to Tough
SSC JE Syllabus for Paper I: The Paper I will have Objective Type Questions. The subjects will be as follows:
SSC JE Syllabus for General Intelligence and Reasoning: This section will have 50 marks questions. The candidates should have practiced this subject a lot as this is the trickiest subject. Reasoning requires basic knowledge and proper practice. The topics are as follows:
- Space visualization
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Visual memory
- Relationship concepts
- Arithmetical reasoning
- Verbal and figure classification
- Arithmetical number series
SSC JE Syllabus for General Awareness: This section alone comprises of 50 marks questions the candidate must have enough awareness and practice of this section as it is a vast subject to cover. The questions might be asked from Olympics, Indo- Pak War etc. The topics will be as follows:
- History of India.
- Geography of India.
- Economic issues in India.
- National news (current).
- International issues.
- Scientific observations.
- Indian Culture.
- New inventions.
- Political Science.
- About India and it’s neighboring countries.
- National and international current affairs.
- Countries and capitals.
- Science and innovations.
- World organizations.
- Famous Places in India.
- Books and Author.
- Important Dates.
- Music & Literature.
- National Dance.
- Tourism spots of Historical Importance
- Famous Places.
- Musical Instruments
SSC JE Syllabus for General Engineering: The questions will be asked from basic concepts of engineering. The candidate must prepare the basics of engineering topics taught in his / her respective field Civil/ Mechanical / Electrical. This section will have 100 marks questions. The topics will be as follows:
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
SSC JE Syllabus for Paper II: This paper will be Descriptive Type. The candidate should not leave any topic and should go through every part of the syllabus. The length of the answers should be kept in mind before answering the limit of answers must not exceed the given limit. The topics will be as follows:
The exam syllabuses for SSC JE Paper I is mentioned in the pdf below please click on it for further information regarding the syllabus:
The exam syllabuses for SSC JE Paper II is mentioned in the pdf below please click on it for further information regarding the syllabus:
About SSC JE Personality Test:
The Personality Test is nothing but the Interview.
The candidates who will secure minimum qualifying marks in both the papers will be called for the Interview.
The interview/ personality test will be of 100 marks
The questions will be based on the relevant field.
SSC JE Previous Year Question Paper/Practice Sets:
SSC JE Recommended Books
- SSC: Junior Engineer Exam Civil & Structural (Paper-II : Conventional) Previous Years’ Papers (Solved) (SSC EXAM)2016
- SSC Junior Engineers (Mechanical) Exam Guide (Popular Master Guide)2016
- SSC-JE 2016 Civil Engineering2016
- SSC: Junior Engineers Exam Guide: Junior Engineers (Civil & Structural) Exam Guide2016
- by RPH Editorial Board
- SSC: Junior Engineer Exam Electrical (Paper-II : Conventional) : Previous Years’ Papers (Solved) (SSC EXAM)2016
- SSC Junior Engineer Mechanical Engineering Recruitment Exam Guide 2015