Goa Police Syllabus for Constable and SI
About Goa Police Department
The Goa Police maintains law and order in Goa. Goa Police comes under the Department of Home affairs, Government of India. Goa police is administered by Director General of Police. At present the head of Goa Police Department is Dr.Mukesh Chander.
Goa Police Selection Procedure for Constable, Sub Inspector, Lower Division Clerk and Laboratory Attendant:
- The candidates are selected on the basis of Document verification, Physical Efficiency Test and Written test.
- The initial stage of selection is Document verification followed by Physical Efficiency Test and physical measurements.
- The candidates have to appear for the written test after document verification and physical test
- The Physical Measurement and Physical Efficiency Test will be taken for the post of Constable and Sub Inspector.
- The candidates who have applied for the post of Constable (Wireless Messenger), Constable (Wireless Storehand), Lower Division Clerk, Laboratory Attendants they have to attempt the written exam after document verification only.
Goa Police Exam Pattern for Constable, Sub Inspector, Lower Division Clerk and Laboratory Attendant
- There will be 100 questions in all the posts written examination
- The written test consists of 4 sections.
- 25 marks are allotted for each section: General Knowledge, General English, Mathematics, and Logical Reasoning.
|S.No.||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
Question paper level according to the post:
- For the post of Police Sub Inspector- Graduation Level.
- For the post of Lower Division Clerk- 12th level
- For the post of Police constable, Police constable (Wireless Messenger), Constable (Wireless Storehand), Lower Division Clerk, Laboratory Attendant- 10th
- For the post of Laboratory Technician – Graduation level test of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Zoology, Microbiology and Biochemistry, the marks will be 100.
Minimum marks for Qualifying Written Examination:
- The minimum marks required to qualify is 35%
- The candidate requires 35 marks to qualify the written examination.
Goa Police Syllabus for Constable and Sub Inspector:
The subjects for both the exams will be:
Goa Police Syllabus for Constable and Sub Inspector of General Knowledge: The candidate should follow current affairs magazines and newspaper.
- Indian Culture.
- Political Science.
- National and international current affairs.
- Geography of India.
- National news (current).
- About India and it’s neighbouring countries.
- History of India.
- Scientific observations.
- Countries and capitals.
- Economic issues in India.
- New inventions.
- International issues.
Goa Police Syllabus for Constable and Sub Inspector of General English: This section can be comparatively easier. If the candidate has good command over English language.
- Sentence Structure
- Subject-verb concord.
- Active and Passive Voice.
- Types of sentences.
- Non-finite verb forms (infinitives and participles).
- Direct & Indirect speech.
- Types of Phrases and Clause.
Goa Police Syllabus for Constable and Sub Inspector of Reasoning: This section involves logic and trick based questions. This section can be a bit time taking.
- Making Judgments.
- Cause and Effect.
- Letter and Symbol Series
- Verbal Classification.
- Logical Problems
- Theme Detection.
- Number Series.
- Artificial Language.
- Logical Deduction
- Verbal Reasoning.
- Statement and Argument.
- Matching Definitions.
- Essential Part.
- Statement and Conclusion.
Goa Police Syllabus for Constable and Sub Inspector of Mathematics: This section carries equal marks like other section that is 25 marks. This section can be scoring if the questions are solved with a proper method.
- Time, Speed and Distance
- Permutation and Combination
- Profit and loss
- Pipe and cistern
- Pie chart
- Bar chart
Study Material for Goa Police Constable and Sub inspector Exam (SI)