Eastern Railway Recruitment 2016 – 10 Scout & Guide Quota Posts
About Eastern Railway:
The Eastern Railway was formed on 14 April 1952 by amalgamating three lower divisions of the East Indian Railway: Howrah, Asansol and Danapur, the entire Bengal Nagpur Railway (BNR) and the Sealdah division of the erstwhile Bengal Assam Railway. Its headquarters is at Fairlie Place, Kolkata, and comprises four divisions: Howrah, Malda, Sealdah, and Asansol. The Eastern Railway (ER) is one of the largest and High-Tech Zone in IR, it is among the 16 zones of the Indian Railways. It has three major workshops: Jamalpur, Liluah, and Kanchrapara.
Job location: All Over India
Job details for Eastern Railway Recruitment:
Latest Railway Jobs, Eastern Railway recruitment 2016 – 2017, applications are invited from the job hunters in Indian Railways, as Eastern Railway has thrown job offers on the 10 vacant seats under Scout & Guides Quota. Interested candidates may send their prescribed format applications through a post before 04.11.2016.
Posts and Salary:
- Category -1 Group ‘C'(NTPC only): 02 Posts
- Category – 2 Erstwhile Group ‘D’: 08 Posts
Salary: Rs.5200-20200/- Grade Pay: Rs.1900/-
Qualification for Eastern Railway Recruitment:
- Group C:
Candidates must have passed 12th or its equivalent examination with 50% marks in aggregate with Scout & guide qualification.
- Group D :
Candidates must have passed 10th or ITI or equivalent or National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) granted by NCVT with Scout & guide qualification.
Also See: Diploma Jobs
Age limit with relaxation:
- For Group C: 18 to 29 years as on 01.01.2017
- For Group D: 18 to 32 years as on 01.01.2017
- SC/ST Candidates: 5 years
- OBC Candidates: 3 years
Application fee with mode of payment:
General/OBC – Rs.500/-
SC, ST, Ex-servicemen, PWD, Women, Minorities and Economically Backward Classes– Rs.250/-
The fee will be paid through Indian Postal Order drew in favor of FA & CAO, Eastern Railway, Kolkata payable at Kolkata.
Selection process for Eastern Railway Recruitment:
Candidates will be selected on the basis of the:
- The written test will consist of 40 objective questions (40 marks) & 01 essay type question (10 marks relating to Scouts & Guides Organization and its activities and General knowledge.
- Scouting Skill Assessment to assess the practical ability of the candidates.
- Selection of Candidates will be subjected to Medical Examination in the prescribed medical standard by Railway Medical Authority prior to their appointment after due selection
How to apply for the Eastern Railway Recruitment:
- Interested candidates may download the application format from the given link below.
- The last date for sending off applications through a post, to the Eastern Indian Railways is 04/11/2016.
- Candidates in response to this notification shall ensure that he/she fulfills all eligibility conditions at the time of submission of Application.
- Photographs pasted on the Application Form should be signed and dated by the candidates.
- Certificates in languages other than English or Hindi should be accompanied by an attested translation in English / Hindi.
- Category of a post should be mentioned in the application.
- The envelope containing the application must be super scribed “Application for Recruitment against Scouts & Guides Quota for 2016-2017 for the category of the Group…………………….”
The Chief Personnel Officer,
E.Rly., 17, Netaji Subhas Road (1st floor),
CPO’s Office, Recruitment Section,
Fairlie Place, Kolkata–700 001
Also See: Latest Government Jobs
Last Date for Submission of Application: 04.11.2016
Application Download & Official Notification Link:
Official Website Link: