Darjeeling District Recruitment 2016
About Darjeeling District:
Darjeeling District Recruitment: The West Bengal Government is the supreme governing body in the State of West Bengal, governing 20 districts inclusive of Kolkata as its capital. A major agriculture producer, it inhabits 91 million residents and contributes heavily to India’s net domestic product. It is currently headed by Sh. Mamata Banerjee as the Chief Minister of the State. Keshari Nath Tripathi is the Governor of the state.
Job Location: West Bengal.
At an elevation of 6,700 feet above sea level, lies Darjeeling. Known for its inimitable tea industry, natural beauty, and the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Darjeeling is effervescent in its British era style planning and architecture of the city. Darjeeling is also home to a lot of indigenous festivals and traditions.
Job Details for Darjeeling District Recruitment:
The government of West Bengal has invited applications from eligible candidates who are residents of Darjeeling District for the post of Supervisors, Self-Help Groups & Self-employment in Blocks, Municipal Corporation & Sub-Division/Municipality in the District of Darjeeling with 11 vacancies.
Name of Post and Number of Vacancies:
Supervisor: 11 Posts
- For SC candidates: 01 Post
- For SC (EC): 01 Post
- For SC (Ex-Serviceman in Group C post: 01 Post
- For ST candidates: 01 Post
- For General candidates: 03 Posts
- For General (EC): 02 Posts
- For OBC candidates: 02 Posts
Qualification for Darjeeling District Recruitment:
Candidates must possess the following qualifications-
- Bachelor Degree with Honours from any recognized University,
- 6 months of Computer Education Course with knowledge in Word, Excel, Power-Point and Accounting package with reasonable typing speed.
Also See: Govt Jobs in UP
Supervisor: 11 Posts
Rs.12,000 + Rs.1,000 TA.
The Candidate shall not be above 37 yrs. as on 01/01/2016.
- For OBC candidates: 3 yrs.
- For SC/ST candidates: 5 yrs.
No fee is required to be paid.
Selection Process for Government of West Bengal Recruitment:
Selection will be done on the basis of an initial screening of applications and an interview for shortlisted candidates with the following steps:
- Marks obtained in Higher Secondary and Bachelor’s Degree (Honours) Examination,
- Proficiency in Computer Application, and
Also See: Railway Jobs
How to Apply for Government of West Bengal Recruitment:
- Apply Online on http://darjeeling.gov.in/
- Self-Attest all supporting documents as required and self-address two envelopes affixing a stamp of Rs. 5/-,
- Send all the documents by Registered Post or by hand to the following address so that it reaches there by 30/11/2016 by 4:00 p.m.
The District Magistrate,
Office of the District Magistrate,
Self-Help Group & Self-Employment Section,
Darjeeling, P.O. Sadar,
P.S. Sadar- 734101
- Last Date of submitting application: 30.11.2016
- Date of Interview: Will be notified to shortlisted candidates.
Apply and Application form Link:
Official Website Link:
Official Notification Link for Darjeeling District Recruitment:
Also See: Latest Govt Jobs