SSC CHSL Examination 2016 for Postal Assistants
About SSC CHSL:
Staff Selection Commission is an organization that recruits staff in various departments of the ministry of India. The candidates are also hired for the subordinate offices of Department. SSC is an attached office of the Department of Personnel and Training. This organization consists of Chairman, two Members and a Secretary-cum-Controller of Examinations. The headquarters of SSC are located in New Delhi. It has seven Regional offices at Allahabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, Guwahati, Chennai, and Bangalore. It also has two Sub- Regional offices at Raipur and Chandigarh.
Job Location: All over India.
Job Details for SSC CHSL Recruitment:
SSC CHSL stands for Staff selection Commission – Combined Higher Secondary Level.SSC is hiring eligible and interested candidates for various posts of Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants, Lower Division Clerk, Data Entry Operator, and Court Clerk. The candidates who are interested may go through the notification carefully and then apply. The application process with details is mentioned in the article below. The applicants have to submit the form online on or before 07/11/2016
Name of Post and No. of Vacancies:
- Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants: 3281
- Lower Division Clerk: 1321
- Data Entry Operator: 506
- Court Clerk: 26
Also See More: Government Jobs.
Qualification for SSC CHSL Recruitment:
The candidates must have qualified class 12th or equivalent from a recognized Institute OR University.
The candidates, who have to appear for the typing test, must have relevant typing speed.
- Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants: Rs 5200-20200/- and Grade Pay Rs 2400/-
- Lower Division Clerk: Rs 5200-20200/- and Grade Pay Rs 1900/-
- Data Entry Operator: Rs 5200-20200/- and Grade Pay Rs 1900/-
- Court Clerk: Rs 5200-20200/- and Grade Pay Rs 1900/-
The age limit as on 01/01/2017
Minimum: 18 years
Maximum: 27 years
For SC/ST: 05 years
For OBC: 03 years
For PH (General): 10 years
For PH (SC/ST): 15 years
For PH (OBC): 13 years
The application fee is Rs 100/-
Women, SC/ST and PH: No Fee applicable.
Mode of Application:
The application fee can be submitted by SBI Challan OR Net banking OR Credit Card OR Debit Card.
- The candidates will be selected on the basis of Written Examination.
- The candidates who will qualify the examination will be notified by the Merit List.
- The Written Examination will be consisting of 3 Tier
- The Tier I examination will be Objective Type
- Tier II will be Descriptive Type.
- Tier III will be Skill Test OR Typing Test depending upon the post.
- Tier III will be qualifying in nature.
How to Apply for SSC CHSL Recruitment:
- The applications have to be submitted Online only
- There are 2 procedures for the application: Registration Part and Application form the part.
- The candidates have to register first for applying online
- The official website is http://ssconline.nic.in
- Read the advertisement notification carefully and then apply.
- Fill in the application form correctly
- Then make payment.
- Upload the scanned copy of recent passport size photograph and signature in prescribed resolution only.
- If any entry is left unfilled the application form will be summarily rejected.
- Take a print out of application form after submitting for future reference.
Also See: Latest ITI Jobs.
- First date to apply online: 07/10/2016
- Last date to apply online: 07/11/2016
- Date of Computer Based Examination
- Tier-I: 07/01/2017 & 05/02/107
- Tier-II: 09/04/2017
- Tier-III: will be notified soon.
Apply online link
Official website link
Official notification link for SSC CHSL Recruitment: